Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Expanded Silicon Valley

Right after the New Year, I found myself once again transported to Silicon Valley, Las Vegas style, aka CES [Consumer Electronics Show]. As usual, it was a whirlwind without a lot of time to enjoy the sites and sounds of Vegas. I did make one late night venture out to the new Aria at City Center. What a gorgeous hotel filled with some great architectural details. I tried to find some photos on their website, but they didn't even have any that would do it justice. It's definitely next on my place to stay.

I wish I could rave about the meals I had, but I was disappointed in two Las Vegas mainstays. That said, I had a fantastic eclair at Lenoitre inside the Paris hotel.

Upon my return, I went straight from San Francisco to the Saint Sabina Center in San Rafael, right near Dominican College. What a beautiful place. I believe that individuals can go there as well as groups for reflective time.


This particular weekend a retreat was being led by Carolyn Foster who is a popular coach and can often be found teaching at Stanford's Continuing Studies program. Her next session on Perfectionism and Procrastination is sold out. For more info on Carolyn, you can visit her website at www.creativechoices.net. I can't say enough about Carolyn as a coach. She has a tremendous amount of tools in her box to help folks attain their goals.

Coming home, we had a belated birthday happy hour for a friend of mine at Cin Cin's in Los Gatos. Their happy hour continues to remain a fantastic bargain--one of the best $5 Manhattans around and the packed to capacity crowd seems to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment